The extraordinary, intact rural practitioner's office was moved to the museum grounds in 1976 from its original site at Little's Corners, a rural crossroads 10 miles north of Meadville. Dr. J. Russell Mosier practiced in this office next to his house until he died in 1938, after which the family left it undisturbed for 38 years. Mail was unopened on the day he was taken ill, and it remained so.